Saturday, September 27, 2008

Painting my way to France.

We've come up with a plan. My mom and I. I've done a 8 1/2 x 11 watercolor. It's Leonardo da Vinci themed, featuring my own modern interpretation of the Mona Lisa, and some of his other works.
Through Staples, we're going to make 100 print copies of my painting and sell them for a minimum of 25 dollars. Everyone who buys a print is entered into a raffle in which the winner may chose to trade his or her print for the origional painting. I'm still not very confident in myself that my work will be that much of a success, but my mom tells me she knows it will work. If she's right and it does work and I sell every print, my trip will be covered. This is an amazing oppurtunity for me to make something of my talent. Once the painting is scanned I'll post a little picture of it so you can all see.

Besides all that, a lot has happened in the last week. I finished painting Deloris's bathroom, and Sydney and I will be cleaning her windows next week for more work.
The group traveling had a meeting last week. 19 students are going, two parents and my teacher. 19 students is such a good sized group. We talked about going to art museums which got me very excited. We also looked at a map of the metro and learned the different routes.
Everything going on has me very excited. Summer cannot come fast enough.

No comments: